I’m a Potterhead. Like…a big one. I have played around with several recipes for butterbeer and ended up just mashing some together to create this one.
In case you aren’t familiar with it, it’s a drink in the Harry Potter universe and can be alcoholic or not. I have always chosen the latter version, but there are some interesting recipes for an alcoholic version.
I could go on for hours so I’m just gonna scoot along….
Not my best photo, but this was tonight’s that prompted the post.
- Cream soda
- Heavy whipping cream
- Butterscotch syrup
- Optional: caramel syrup and redi whip
- Pour the desired amount of soda into your glass. I usually do a little over half full. Add butterscotch syrup to taste. (About 2 tsp is my favorite)
- In a separate bowl or cup, pour ¼ cup heavy cream PER GLASS. So if you have four people drinking with you, make a full cup.
- Add butterscotch syrup to taste. 1 TBSP is usually what I use so it’s strong.
- Beat until it’s slightly firm. You don’t want it soupy, or super stiff. Usually takes a few minutes.
- Pour into your soda. Sometimes it mixes, sometimes it doesn’t until I add the straw. Tasty regardless!
- If desired, add rediwhip and drizzle caramel over top for decoration.
Something else we tried was butterbeer pie!
I really liked it. You can find the recipe here
If you make butterbeer, let me know how it turns out! Enjoy some random HP related photos.
Mine tastes just like this but creamier.
The Gryffindor scarf I made for my friend. I also did a Slytherin one and two Ravenclaw scarves for other friends. (One was movie house colors and one was book colors)