I logged into the Camp NaNo site to update my word count total and saw I had a message from the people that run the site. It was a mad lib/pep talk and I love those so I did it. I really like it so here’s mine. 😀
Once, there lived a writer, known throughout the lands as The Oncoming Storm. This writer was seized by inspiration one July, and struck out to tell the tale of one known only as “The Courageous One.”
The first two weeks were full of wonder. Fueled by cookies, the writer generated conflicts like vast thunderstorms, and characters so real they jumped off the page only to smile at you right in the face. My Kitchen, now aware of the crucial role they played in this writer’s story-spinning, swelled with pride and told the writer, “You had a fever also.”
Alas, not all was so rosy. After hitting 44, 050, the writer remembered their last pang of doubt. What if they became blocked once again? What if their story was silly? Maybe… maybe it would be better to stop. They looked into the mirror, and the face they saw seemed almost unsatisfied.
At the writer’s darkest moment, a goofy voice arose. “Hey, you can do this,” it said. “If you don’t, how will we ever find out what happens to Mack? I don’t want to live in a world with that kind of empty hole. Don’t stop now.”
The writer nodded, saying “What the Hell?! No matter how far away from my word-count goal I am, I promise to write for at least 2 hours a day.” With that, a rainbow sprang across the sky like a dragon racing toward the newest novel by Robert Jordan. The world seemed to hold its breath, waiting for the writer’s next sentence. The writer smiled, took a deep breath, and wrote “Once upon a time, humanity thrived, unencumbered by the dead that covered the Earth…”
- An awesome superhero name The Oncoming Storm
- Adjective describing your main character Courageous
- Your favorite snack Cookie
- The last verb your main character enacted smiled
- The manufacturer of your favorite snack My Kitchen
- The first piece of dialogue in your story that starts with ‘You…’ You had a fever also.
- Your current word count 44,050
- Adjective describing your inner editor Unsatisfied
- Adjective describing your best friend Goofy
- Your favorite supporting character in your Camp project Mack
- The last piece of dialogue in your story that ended with an exclamation point “What the hell?!
- How much time you last spent writing 2 hours
- Your favorite mythological creature Dragon
14. Your favorite author Robert Jordan
15. Write a sentence beginning with the words “Once upon a time” Once upon a time humanity thrived, unencumbered by the dead that covered the Earth.